Requirements to Purchase a Hunting License Online
You must meet all the requirements to be eligible to purchase a Hunting License online. If you do not meet all the requirements, you will need to purchase your license through any hunting license vendor or the Division of Forestry and Wildlife Offices at the following locations:
- Honolulu Kalanimoku Building at 1151 Punchbowl Street, Room 325. Ph: (808) 587-0166
- Lihue (Kauai) State Office Building at 3060 Eiwa St., Rm. 306. Ph: (808) 274-3433
- Wailuku (Maui) Office Building at 54 South High St. Rm. 101. Ph: (808) 984-8100
- Lanai City (Lanai) DOFAW Baseyard at Fraser Ave. Ph: (808) 565-7916
- Hilo (Big Island) DOFAW Baseyard at 19 East Kawili Ave. Ph: (808) 974-4221
- Kamuela (Big Island) DOFAW Tree Nursery at 66-1220 A Lalamilo Rd. Ph: (808) 887-6061
The following are required to purchase a hunting license online:
- a valid Hawai`i Hunter Education Number; or
- a valid Exemption Number issued by the Hawai`i Hunter Education Program, applicable only to:
Hawai`i residents born prior to January 01, 1972 with proof of a Hawai`i Hunting License prior to 1990; and non-residents who have completed a basic hunter education certification course in another state, Canadian province, or other country that has a course recognized by the International Hunter Education Association).
• Submit the Exemption Request Form online.
• For more info, visit Hawai`i's Hunter Education Program.
- your Social Security Number. Section 466(a) (13) (A) of the Social Security Act requires the placement of social security numbers on applications for recreational licenses. Your Social Security Number will not appear on the license itself.
- a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card.
- a printer must be connected to your computer. Immediately after your credit card has been approved, your license will be generated for you to print and sign in two places - on the signature line and across the face of the stamp. This printed copy will constitute your official Hunting License. No other license will be mailed to you. Take a moment to TEST your printing capability. If for some reason you are unable to print out your license after your credit card approval, contact eHawaii.gov at 808-695-4620.
To determine your license category use the following guide and definitions:
To purchase a hunting Purchase for a Minor (under the age of 18)
The child is below age 18. Only a minor's parent or legal guardian is allowed to purchase a license for a minor. The application must be filled out by the minor's parent or legal guardian who must also read and accept the accompanying statement(s) of liability.
To Purchase as an Adult Resident
You were domiciled in Hawai`i for at least a year and/or possess a valid Hawai`i's driver license and/or are an active member of the Military stationed in Hawai`i and/or are registered to vote in Hawai`i and are purchasing with a credit card that utilizes a Hawai`i billing address.
To Purchase as an Adult Non-Resident
You are a citizen of the United States who does not meet the Hawai`i residency requirements.
To obtain a free license as a Senior Citizen
You are 65 years or older and a resident of Hawai`i.
To obtain a free license as a resident of Kalaupapa, Molokai with Hansen's Disease
You are a resident of Kalaupapa, Molokai who has Hansen's Disease.
ALL SALES FINAL - NO REFUNDS